Monday, January 6, 2014

of simplicity and silence

2014 here you are.

I have been thinking which words I'd like to choose this year and some things just fall in my lap like the words of simplicity and silence.


In the last days of 2013 there has been a lot hustle and bustle because of our wedding, D's birthday and various other things. it made me crave silence. alone time. a book. hoping 2014 will be the year I can embrace silence in many new ways.

simplicity is the word that I choose to guide me most. I accumulated too much stuff I don't really need anymore, that I have the grace, power and will to let go and move on.
to simplifiy in a world that likes competing. to stop buying too much. to give things away. only buy the things we really need.

may these words be my guardian when life gets crazy.
I am ready for a new year, new possibilities, unexpected goodness and many downfalls.

here's to another grand year.

Love,
Suki

2 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

I've missed you so.
I think your words fit you perfectly.
Did you read Memoirs of a Geisha? That was one of my favorite books I have read in the last few years.

Bea, OT said...

Congratulations! I hope 2014 brings everything you hope for!