Thursday, December 26, 2013

birthday boy


I still remember the days awaiting David's arrival. I loved the feeling of his hiccups, the life growing inside myself. The day of his delivery is still so fresh, yet so far away. This day changed my entire life, for the better.
 





This baby was such a surprise and before he was born I thought I definitely have the hang of babies considering my job, but the truth is I had no idea what to do with myself, my time and my baby. It took me almost two years to feel like I am an responsible adult, who has an organized life and a home who people can actually come and visit. Yet the daily craziness, tears and tantrums (most on my side) continues and I bet it will never end ;) therefore I am more than grateful.

In 2013 Dee learned to walk, run and skip. He learned to speak and now manages 3 word sentences, even some english words. He is so funny and grew up 3cm in the last 4 days. His second birthday gave him an attitude like a big boy. 
He loves trains, cars, trucks and everything with wheels. His favourite animals are monkeys, horses and cows. Dee loves to help in the kitchen and prepares food for me in his play kitchen, it's pretty tasty what he comes up with. David knows his colours (red, blue, yellow, green) and identifies them correctly most of the time.
 

This year we celebrated his birthday with our families and he loved to play with guests, making sure everybody got played with. I made him a smarties pinata cake, which he loved.

I am looking forward to another year with this smart wee boy. He is my heart, my love, my everything. I am so fortunate I get to be his mother and guide him in this big world.

Love,
Suki

1 comment:

Bex said...

Aww that is so lovely :) I remember first seeing you were pregnant on flickr and now he is growing up and 2 already!